Friday, July 29, 2005

The Funk

Okay, this isn't going to be much of a post. I've been dealing with some sort of funk for the last three days--coughing, intermittent fever. Not debilitating, but bad enough that all I want to do is sleep.

The last three days were supposed to be spent scraping my house in preparation for a new paint job, and engaging in the blogging phase of the DWP E-Writing Marathon, and finishing up some comments for an independent study that I'm overseeing at the moment. I've done little of any, and I've found myself thinking some about my students, their illnesses and absences, and my reactions to them. I simply don't remember being sick very often when I was an undergrad, and after the last three days, I'm quite thankful for that. Combine this funk with my 20-year-old-self and a 16 credit hour load, and I think it's fair to say that I would be just about ready to make my run on Jeopardy.

gad

No comments: